Friday, January 20, 2012

Mindful Living

Thich Nhat Hanh tells us that “being on the “right path” has to do with the very concrete ways in which you live your life in every moment.” To Live on Purpose is to live in the moment and to intentionally walk each step mindfully. We must be awake, aware and deliberate; not a sleep walker, blindly going through the motions.

If there are areas in my life that I am not pleased with, things I want to change, I cannot ignore them and hope they will change or go away. I have to embrace them and accept myself. In each moment I can deliberately make a different choice. Unaware motion leads to more of the same. Deliberate choices give me the power to change my life.

If we chose to Live on Purpose, we chose to live mindfully and powerfully in each moment.

* The Art of Power, Thich Nhat Hanh, HarperOne 2007

No comments: