Where to look: inside your heart, in between your thoughts, and/or inside everything in the universe.
When lost, use this road map:
- Have faith – assume that you can find the peace and understanding you seek.
- Be determined, stay determined. If you give up, turn around or do not try, you may never find your destination.
- Stay focused. If you take a detour, notice it. Then point yourself and your attention back in the right direction.
- Surrender completely. Let go of everything else.
- Pass calmly through into Silence. When you begin to see the light ahead – do not be afraid, this is what you seek. Sometimes fear of success, (and/or over excitement) is our final undoing.
When you are tired, rest. When you are doubtful, breathe – your mind will run you in circles. Move into your body and your breath to release your doubts. When you want to quit, remember you have only one life and it is now.
Silence is your essence, it is your right, and it is your nature. Finding it, knowing it and practicing it is worth the trip.
Final note: We never really “arrive.” We simply commit ourselves to the practice of finding peace every moment we can.